I hope that you and your families are well. Myself and Mrs Patel are really excited to welcome you back very soon in Y5!
I am really looking forward to teaching you as Mr Twist has told me many fantastic things about you all.
Below, I have listed the topics that we will be doing throughout the course of Y5 and I have put some activities for you to choose from, over the holidays, in the folder above.
I hope that you all have a brilliant summer filled with fun and laughter.
Take care and stay safe,
Miss Kearsley and Mrs Patel
What will my child need to bring with them to school in September?
- The only items your child needs to bring to school each day are their coat, their water bottle and an appropriate snack ( no nuts please)
- Water jugs and cups will no longer be available in the classrooms. Each child must bring their own water bottle.
- For the first few weeks children will not need a school bag.
- All the equipment your child will need, including pencil cases, will be provided by school.
- Your child will have their own personal resources, kept in their pencil case. This will minimise the need to share resources.
- Packed lunches: If required, a packed lunch can provided from home as usual.
- PE: Children will still need a PE kit, please place this into a draw string bag that can be easily hung onto a coat peg.
- Initially reading books will be kept in school.
- Teachers will inform you in September how they would like you to support your child’s reading skills at home.